Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Montemorelos

1) The famous mountain in Monterrey
2) The Family Rodriguez Sanchez (the mom has a baptism date on the first of February)
3) One of our investigators named Isidro (he had a date this wed but he is still drinking coffee. We painted his door and put up new screen.
4) This is half the people in our branch. The older guy next to me on the right is the Second counselor to President Walker.
5) This is me washing clothes. That’s how we do it here in Mexico
6) Again with the clothes.

HELLO FAMILY!!!






So my new area is in a place called Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon. My new comp is named Elder Santiago from Lima, Peru. He is 22, about 5'4'' and is a convert of about 3 years I believe. He is almost done with him mission as well. He lacks about 7 months I believe. SO this area is sweet. It’s really spacious. There is a lot of open area. We have to take a greyhound bus to our meetings every Monday. The next area is an hour away. That's how huge this place is. We have a lot of Ranches and mountains. It’s crazy how similar it is to northern AZ. Some parts of the area I feel like I’m in a different country. In one part I feel I’m in Italy. There are Cobble stone roads, little stores on the side of the road, TONS of back little alleyways, huge Old buildings, huge Beautiful Catholic churches. Then another part of my area is mountains where people live on the side. It looks and feels like Brazil. There is even a huge statue on the top of a man like the Jesus statue in Brazil. It’s way awesome! I love it. The branch is tiny! Our building is tiny as well. I gave a talk in church yesterday. I gave it on "La Familia: Una Proclamacion para el Mundo". It went pretty well. My Spanish has gone way up as well since being with a native. He said his first day my Spanish was a little on the crap side. But now he says it’s pretty good so I’m pretty stoked about that. I still have like zero confidence in myself but it’s ok. I’ll learn some day. The members here are awesome. One of the members has a daughter that lives in Queen Creek, AZ. She met her husband in Sierra Vista and now they live in Queen Creek. She goes to visit every 6 months. She knows the area by the Temple pretty well. She has lots of pictures around that area so it makes me a little sad but then I get over it ha ha. We have 2 great investigators. One is named Isidro. He is an 80 year old man. He had a baptism date for this Wednesday but it fell through because he is still a coffee drinker. He needs to be 1 week sober for us to baptize him. Our other investigator is named Leticia. She is in her late 30s and is awesome. She drank coffee but after teaching Word of Wisdom she doesn’t want to drink it. She has a baptism date the first of February. It’s pretty awesome. We have other investigators as well but they aren’t really progressing like these two. Last night we met a family of ten who all want to be taught the Word of God. That’s basically my news for this week. I’m excited to work here and get everything going. I am always grateful to get your letters and all. Good luck with the business! Happy Anniversary! 30 years of pure love and adventure! Keep it going strong! I’m sorry to hear about Sis Dastrupt. If you see her tell her I said "What’s cookin' good lookin'!"  I miss you all and love you so much! Have a wonderful week!

Love
Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment