Thursday, September 15, 2011

FAMILY!!

Oh how I’ve missed you all! That’s way sweet that yours lives have been going awesome! Especially that girl that dad let meet the 14 year old JB. That’s awesome you are so involved mom. When I get back, you’re going to be almost done. Quick story that just happened. A Hermana in the ward called us panicking wanting to give her sister a blessing. So we get over there to do this blessing and the sister is fine. She was just having contractions. They were little and not very close but it was funny because my comp was kinda freaking out and was like "My comp is a Paramedic!" remembering that I told him I went to EMT school and I want to do something Medical after my mission. The Hermana was like "Sweet! Just in case I need you but for now just a blessing." I tried to explain that I can’t practice on my mission and that I’m not ever certified but they don't care haha. Anyways there have been a lot of funny things happen this week. I think I’m going to start doing a Quote of the week. This week I thought was funny because I thought of this before reading the email dad sent about mowing the lawn. This week is "Don’t complain about mowing the lawn. Here in Mexico they use a Machete the cut the grass." Well from what I have seen they grab a handful of grass and machete the grass haha. Also! Mom, a little boy that is 5 did the family guy mom mom mommy mommy thing. I was cracking up so hard. But I thought of you. It’s hard to stay focused this close to the boarder because there is a lot of American things here. The music is American. I have heard the song Party Rock about 6 times every day. Also, Braden (it reminded me of you) I heard WOAH! by Forever the Sickest Kids, I’ve heard Boston, Lil Wayne, Justin Beiber, Usher "DJ got us falling in love again" (which is annoying because here the cars drive around with mega phones yelling at people in their houses and this song is one that plays a lot. ALSO!!! Vanessa when you read this, I hear Lady Gaga EVERY DAY!!! People here love her hahaha. Also I went into a member’s house and they were watching the "Little League World Serious" which was hard because I wanted to watch it so bad... Also I saw a guy’s shirt that had the Johnny Martinez phrase "Wuzzup!!" it was funny. The address if you want to send me a package is

Eduardo Echeverria/Elder Stark
P.O. Box 1685
Hidalgo, Texas 78857

Also tell me when you send it so I can tell him when to go get it. I can’t think of anything I really need right now. Well my time is up. I’m sorry I didn’t really talk about the work much. We have a baptism for an investigator named Lidia on September 11. Now that I wrote that, that’s a weird date... hahaha but my comp said I’m doing the baptizing so hopefully everything goes well! IT RAINED!!! It was crazy. It got crazy humid after though... But also in this pictures is Elder Robbins and I in our luchador masks (I’m white he is blue) they are matching so were a team. Also father, I got a picture of me playing soccer with the Mexican children for you. I scored this goal. The ball went over his head as you can tell. Well I love you all! Everything is swell here in Reynosa. I’m safe and sound. The people are awesome. Spanish is coming slowly but surely! Stay sweet and Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts! Talk to you next week!!!!

Love,
Elder Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment